Saturday, 15 August 2026

Provision

I have recently sensed that direction of my online ministry is changing for some time.

It appears like I cannot write those long messages (at least for now) that you know me for.

Recently, a friend requested a testimony he had heard me give and the release for that was immediate.

It is therefore possible that God is leading me to share short testimonies of what He has been doing with my life.

There are too many testimonies about God’s provision as I continue serving Him that I can only share a few.

As a background, I minister as God directs.

This means that I have no support structure (institutional or financial) backing me.

I also do not raise support or even challenge people to support me.

For the most part people will respond to God’s promptings to support me and what God has called me to.

This testimony is about the time my firstborn joined high school.

The calling letter had come with all the requirements and reporting dates.

However, up to the last day (deadline) of reporting, the only thing I had acquired for his schooling was a box.

When a deadline passes, the vacancy is declared vacant and somebody else can be offered that chance.

After praying and getting no provision, I decided to do something I do when the road is not clear, especially provision; I do what the ten lepers did, I start walking in the direction I have been ordered.

And that is what I did.

I had enough money to take me and my son to town (Nairobi) and nothing else.

I therefore picked the box and asked my son to join me.

After getting to town, I received some money and started buying the required books.

(M-Pesa, mobile money transfer had started)

After finishing that, I received some other money and started buying the uniform, of course no branded since I did not have much money.

I then took a matatu to the estate the school was at to buy beddings and similar items as well as label them.

I received some money that I deposited for fees (there was a bank nearby).

Then we left for the school, at this time evening was approaching.

And I was scared, especially because I did not have branded uniform.

You see I had before then taken students to school and been forced to buy from their preferred shop, even for non-branded uniform.

(I remember once going all the way beyond Busia [phones pick Uganda network there] and was forced to buy a skirt that looked just like the one I had bought in Nairobi because I had not bought from ‘their’ shop).

I was therefore scared that I would be forced to buy uniform afresh when I did not have any money. I also do not think I had bought enough stationary.

But what happened was interesting.

The teacher receiving us just asked one question

Do you have the uniform?

When I said yes, he simply received my son. He did not check anything.

And I had not even paid all the fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment