Wednesday 26 March 2014

Blood Abuse?


There is something that has been bothering me for years that I feel I should also throw to you. You may have an answer for my concerns or at least also start getting bothered.

What is the work of the blood of Christ?

What is all this doctrine of that blood covering from premises to journeys to studies to livestock? That really disturbs me. Where in the scriptures did people get that notion from?

When I read the scriptures, I see the blood of Christ covering over only repented sin. The blood cleanses us from sin. The blood redeems us from the penalty of sin.

How come it has become fashionable to call upon the blood to cover everything? What are the implications of that heresy (at least for now as I am waiting for a scriptural response)?

Could we be cheapening the blood of Christ by diverting its core business elsewhere? Could it be the reason very little is being preached against sin nowadays?

If the blood can cover my house, does it really matter what I do inside? If the blood covers my business, does it really matter how I conduct it? If the blood covers my studies, does it matter how I get my grades?

I know it sounds very nice and proper to have the blood of Christ covering everything we have. It even feels great. But is that reason enough to trash what the Bible says?

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Colossians 2:8)

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. (Mark 7:9)

Could we be cheapening the blood of Christ and ultimately the work of Christ by pouring all that blood He shed on the wayside of our desires? Could we be actually pouring scorn on that precious blood through which we have been redeemed?

Could we be cheapening the grace of God by diverting Christ’s blood to do errands for us?

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:29)

What is the work of angels for blood to be turned into our watchman? Has God exhausted them for us to look for alternatives? Or is the blood a more potent watchman that it must stop all it came to do to replace those ‘unreliable’ angels?

What does the Bible say? Please help me.

(I am not even talking about those who do crazy things about the blood like drinking it, etc.)

This was a by the way. My post for this week is ‘The Four Lepers’, a build up on last week’s message ‘Tyrants’.

No comments:

Post a Comment