Wednesday 8 October 2014

Asante Sana Yesu

I wanted to ask all of us to thank God for His breakthrough. We have the first complete translation of the Discipleship Bible Study book ‘Fruit That Lasts’.

‘Frutos Que Duram’, the Portuguese translation has been completed and I want us to give thanks for that milestone.

It is important to note that not only was Portuguese the initial focus in the preparation of that study, Portuguese speaking nations come very high in the urgency of accessing discipleship. The need I saw in Mozambique, as mentioned in the report, was immense. The call of the pastors and bishops we met in our mission was heart rending. (You can read it on my blog)

But another reason this is monumental is because of the miracle that God has done to make it pass. My dilemma was in getting an able translator. Of course I could look for professional translators but I strongly feel that it would have compromised the spiritual element.

I have even challenged some Mozambican ministers to do it but I am yet to receive any response. But the amount of work I saw there would make it very hard to get adequate time to translate. I remember the time we had requested them to proofread another BS book we had translated and they instead made copies and started teaching it.

But God brought a Brazilian missionary family and in His own way connected us and they became very enthusiastic about translating the book that they did it in two weeks as a team. I can only bow down to the King of kings in worship. Join me therefore in thanking God.

You also need to know the far this whole project of taking discipleship where it is direly needed and where no materials are available.

I have got translators in several languages.

Starting with the international languages, I have Arabic, French, Chinese and Swahili translators who have offered their ministry and skill.

On the domestic scene, there are several languages (about ten so far) I have gotten translators. In fact some pleaded with me to allow them to translate into their language.

I have talked with several pastors and church leaders explaining the vision (on my blog titled ‘Did the Great Commission Envision Poverty and Illiteracy?). The response is explosive. I did not expect such a positive response from such a wide context as the churches I have so far been able to get an audience with the leadership. Please also join me in thanking God for that. I am the one who is telling them to first go through the material before making commitments.

I believe that as we continue in our united prayer God will continue opening many other doors to enable us to disciple the nations in these crucial end times.

Due to those responses, I will need a team to spearhead the whole process. I will need God to connect me to the people He has raised since there is so much I can do alone. Please pray that God will lead me to individuals and even churches that will take ownership of this project. Then I will be able to be more focused on my core responsibility in it. you can join if God is leading you thus.

Please pray that God raises support for the whole project as well as resources for my family upkeep. Each translation will need at least 1000 copies to be printed and given out to our target community. That will need money that God will raise from His people. And any other needs that come out in the whole process. And that is why I want you to connect in prayer.

But I also need concerted prayer for my protection and cover. Since the first BS books came out of the press, there have been intense spiritual attacks. I have handled intense spiritual warfare from all fronts and really feel the urgency of prayer. Attacks have touched on the health of my family as well as my own health. Resources have also been sorely affected. But I need to also state that the people I have given the books continue to give very good testimonies of the difference it has made in their lives. Several people and churches have requested and gotten books for group study. In fact one church asked for 300 copies and contributed for the printing of the same. There are some I was unable to give all the copies they requested. A church in Uganda requested 100 copies since the initial twenty plus was taken so ‘hungrily’. I am yet to send them as even the ones I have are running out. Please pray for funds to do another reprint.

My landlord of four years wants me to move out because I do not pay at the beginning of the month since I give only after I receive support. But I believe there is another reason, part of it being this project since we have never had any problem yet that is how I have always paid my rent. Please pray that God gives my family another place to live. My prayer is for a house that will be a missions training centre for people God has called outside conventional ways.

Plug in where you will. I really trust that God has some assignment for you in this whole project. Pray that He shows you where it should be. Then talk to me or to the team we are asking God to raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment