Monday 7 August 2017

As You Vote

Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. (1Samuel 2:3)

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. (Proverbs 8:13)

And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible. (Isaiah 13:11)

I want to write about the Kenya elections. I have restrained myself from writing or responding to all the heat being generated from all the conversations.

But I just want to post what I am praying for so that I may get some partners in the same.

Remember Nebuchadnezzar? I am praying that God deals thus with pride in some of these leaders we have. I do not mean eating grass and the sort, though it won’t hurt if it happened.

But I want God to humble the proud Kenyans, from the leaders to the voters and bloggers and commentators, so that they get to know that The LORD is God.

I am praying that God will humble the proud in such a way that they will see His finger print in it. And I want it to be unmistakable to whoever sees.

From the president and the governors (oh governors!) to all the other positions; I want pride to be dealt with.

Why do I pray like this?

Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. (James 4:6b)

I want to see that resistance. And I want all Kenyans to see it too.

Our chest thumping has to stop. And only God can conclusively do it.

I want our children to grow out of the folly we inherited from our parents. They must learn that praying for leaders is not praying for the ones we prefer to win. They must learn that prophecy is not about their preference winning. They must learn that God does not speak just to affirm our choice. And they must learn that the vote is not bigger than the sovereignty of God.

So will you pray with me that God will shock us out of our folly?

No comments:

Post a Comment