Wednesday 31 January 2018

Radical Posts

I have been severally asked why my posts, messages and books are too radical. Why do I seem to offend most with the message I bear?

I thought of a response that is real, especially Biblical. This is so that I dispel the fears of some people who think I enjoy hurting the feelings of my fellow believers by making their Christian lives appear shallow, especially if the same people are deep in the worldly realm.

Our generation has perfected the art of relevance to the world. Grey has replaced the black and white the Bible advocates. Absolutes have becomes values we only read about. There is nothing inherently Christian about our Christian lives. The borderline is our most preferred position especially when we relate with people who need our witness.

It really pains when I hear Christian leaders addressing abominable groups as their brothers. Imagine a pastor speaking about our gay brothers? Imagine a revered archbishop really advocating homosexual rights? How do we call enemies of the cross brothers? Or do we not know what the word brother means?

God is more radical than I can ever be. God was out-rightly dictatorial in His revelation. I see no grey areas when I read the Bible.

Imagine that Jesus called the Jews children of the devil! Imagine Him and John the Baptist calling them brood (offspring) of vipers (poisonous snakes)? What is borderline about such statements?

You may also remember Jesus twice flogging people from the temple.

What is the context of such verses?

Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. (Isaiah 1:13)

Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the LORD of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand. (Malachi 1:10)

God is radical. It is therefore imperative that His people become radical also. From His calls to His commandments we find no hazy sections.

Never in the Bible will you get any borderline theology.

I will therefore be unflinchingly as radical as the One who has called me.

No comments:

Post a Comment