Tuesday 19 March 2019

Favour Abused


Picture this

I am far from where I am expected to be through no fault of mine.

I then call a friend who has a vehicle and he offers to come to pick me, He therefore cones with one of these top of the range vehicles with his wife on the driver's seat.

Incidentally, at that place there is no public transport. that is the reason I called my friend.

As we are driving, we see a girl on the road and pick her up as she would have walked very far to get anywhere there are people. We see a few others and pick them also as the vehicle had space.

Eventually we got to a place with a few other girls. But then we had only one place one could squeeze. I therefore got out to give her space to squeeze.

Another girl squeezed me out and sat on my space.

That is where I will be sitting, I told her.

You an get the next lift, was her reply.

I told the driver what the girl had said and she said fine. then she drove for some distance with the girls, leaving me behind.

Then she stopped and I saw the girls being literally thrown off the vehicle with their luggage.

I gathered my friends had decided to test the girls and got infuriated when they stated  boasting over the unfortunate me.

 As usual I got to think. I was the reason they could get that lift as it had come for me. Their stay in the vehicle became untenable when I got out .

Do we have parallels? Lot thought he was done with Abraham when he chose the fertile cresent. He lost everything. In fact, were it not for the intercession of the same Abraham he was as doomed as Sodom.

How many times does God give His people ministries yet the same ministries crowd him off when they become successful? How many are so prayerful in their search yet forget the need of prayer when the same prayers are answered?

Yet we also have a positive scriptural example? Remember the conman who conned a conman? Laban was so clear where his blessing came from that he did not want to meddle with him.

What do we do with the people God brings our way? How do we know whether they are the lifts we are enjoying?

Will we allow God to lead us to treat the sources of our favor with respect.

By the way I am not talking of the folly many are calling spiritual over, because scripturally it isn't

No comments:

Post a Comment