Thursday 27 August 2020

Vision Finding Wheels


Five years ago I shared a message ‘Burden Finding Feet’ as I described a burden that had been pressing very heavily in my heart as I was responding to an invitation to minister in the DRC even before knowing what it was.

It was as I ministered there that God opened my eyes to see the burden and as I came back that God gave me the strategy to respond to it. And I am still doing it.

You can read about it on my blog.

Today I want to share with us something else.

In 2013 God gave me the vision of preparing missionaries for the nations. Again I wrote it and posted on the blog as ‘Varsity on the Hill’. He later gave me a vision concerning the enormity of the vision. And it was huge, requiring enormous resources. Of course I continued praying.

About three years ago God showed me what I can call the introduction of that enormous vision. It explained how I should start small. Again I posted on the blog as “Ministry and Mortality’.

Then I had more or less ‘forgotten’ about the land requirement due to the size of the land the vision required and the fact that it is humanly impossible to be able to acquire land that size. But I have no doubt that God has it somewhere and He will release it in His time. I was therefore looking for a van to equip it for missions and related ministry. We had even got the kind of van I required but it was bought before we could raise the money required to buy it though it had been in that yard for over ten years.

This year God impressed on me that I should start running with the vision on a piece of land and opened the door for that to happen.

As I write, I have bought a piece of land in the Kabati area where I intend to put that vision on the ground.

I therefore want you to thank God with me for that even as you pray that I will continue walking in tandem with God’s revelation.

But I also want you to join me in this venture.

How? You may be wondering.

I believe as you pray God will give you a specific item to adopt and run with.

However there are a few things I need to place on your desk for consideration.

I will need a house big enough to host the missionaries God brings me to raise.

I will need a library and shelves. I already have books though I won’t mind an addition after the library becomes operational (of course after being built and equipped with shelves).

I will need a workshop, probably a few for different skills with requisite tools.

I will also need a basic studio for recording the Audio Bible in the vernaculars I can get people to read as well as record songs the ‘students’ will be producing as they worship and grow.

I am sharing this as a prayer request. God will fit you in His program as to what you should do, or even whether you should do. Please look for the posts for the vision’s details.

I am open for your partnership and support.

God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment