Sunday 8 November 2020

God Uses People

… to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. (Isaiah 66:2b)

God showed me one person whose disability has opened tremendous doors and influence.

Then He asked me to tell them that, NO, disability was not the main thing. It was only a vehicle God used to expand their ministry, though it might not even look like ministry. He can make use of any other vehicle to use them. He can even heal them of that disability and use them even better if they continue being submitted to His Lordship.

In short, God uses people, people who are submitted to Him.

It is at that point that everything else falls in place to make us perform His commission.

But we love things. And our eyes only see things. We therefore apportion them more credit than the important things, our obedience, our growth, our faith, our character.

You see, God as creator owns everything and doesn’t require permission to use it. It is us He needs to allow Him. Them He can release everything we will require to be used as He wills.

It reminds me of the time I was a musician. I could tie my ministry to music, to singing, to instruments since they opened almost every door of ministry then. I then thought that Gituma without music as a nonstarter in anything ministry.

Then God ordered me to put that all down. Of course I couldn’t hear. Then He stopped it. My guitar got lost, I lost interest in the accordion I had just bought. Then He started opening other doors with no attachment at all to my musical gift, or talent if it makes you feel better.

Many times we think it is the abilities He has given us that make us ministers.

The reality is that those abilities are vehicles to us ministering. He uses us then gifts us with tools to make us more effective ministers.

That is the reality in the spiritual realm.

And that is why God judges us for faithfulness instead of impact.

Like the set of verses I most quote it explains why we see very powerful ministers heading to hell in Matthew 7.

God is interested in you and not what He has given you. It is you He will hold accountable to the way you use those vehicles He gives you to perform His orders.

Remember God created a fish to carry Jonah from rebellion to obedience? Remember that even a talking donkey was not enough to swamp the greed of a prophet? Remember Philip did not need to walk or even a chariot to move from the desert once his commission was complete? Remember when the prison was not enough to hold Peter because he had a few things he needed done?

But it is important to realize that it is God’s commission that dictates the vehicles we get.

Or you do not remember Stephen praising even as he was being stoned to death? Or Paul being stoned to ‘death’? Or the heroes of faith we see in Hebrews 11? It is not surprising to believers that Elisha who raised the dead died of illness.

The short and long of what I am saying is that God is the only One holding the reins of our lives.

He therefore determines the vehicles He apportions us to enable to obey Him.

You limitation could be you vehicle as your strength could be. Your lack could be your vehicle as could your abundance.

What this means is that we will need to be completely submitted to God and sold out to His revelation.

Otherwise we could use what I have just explained as a pretext for spiritual lethargy.

We must seek God and His will. Only then can we effectively make use of whatever vehicles He gives us and especially to distinguish those vehicles from the snares the enemy clones as vehicles to entrap us.

Or haven’t you seen ministers whose breakthroughs completely emasculated the cutting edge of their ministry? Remember Solomon and King Saul and Hezekiah among many others whose beginning and faith and ministry was great yet they ended up in regret.

And pray for me. God is opening the door for such a vehicle for me, a vehicle He spoke and I wrote about in 2013 as ‘Varsity on the Hill’. In fact it is the reason I have not been able to post as consistently as before since I am engaged in laying things on the ground. I am trusting that by the end of this month God will have completed the provision of the chapter. But please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment