Saturday 11 September 2021

Nature is Interesting

I thought I knew quite some about domestic animals since I was raised on the farms (small ones).

But I recently came to learn that I do not know as much as I thought I did.

Let us go to chicken.

Whoever thought that the cock had any other responsibility beyond planting seeds?

I was surprised when I observed my few chicken.

The cock offers so much more.

For one, before I got one, a neighbor’s chicken were all over my place, sometimes even before we woke up.

That stopped immediately somebody lent me his cock. No other chicken have come to my place since then.

The cock also looks for food for his wives, which I found very interesting. He does what a hen does with her chicks, even calling them when he sees some bounty somewhere. And they are very attentive and responsive to any call he makes.

He also protects them. A scream from one of them brings him full speed to the sight. There was time an animal (I suspect) tried to invade and it made so much noise as the hens went hiding.

The most interesting thing I found however is the fact that it is the one that looks for the place where the hens will lay their eggs and nothing you do can change that.

The only difference with man is that a cock has many wives. The plus is that it loves and treats them equally. And of course it doesn’t disturb a pregnant (hatching) wife.

So, before you lump irresponsible men with cocks, please know that you are staining the cock’s sterling record.

No comments:

Post a Comment