Saturday 14 May 2022

Ama?

I was just wondering

How does one become the president or chairman of the parents’ association(s) in this country?

Are there qualifications? Does one become a senior parent first?

You see, I have become a very senior parent.

I have three children in high school in three different provinces. In fact, that will be so for some time as another will join junior high next year.

As an example, next week I will be travelling to Mombasa for a parents’ meeting. Then the other week I will be going deep in Machakos for another one.

At least the school in Kinangop has not invited me for another meeting though there was one before schools closed.

Or all that does not count?

What am I saying?

That God has really blessed me. He has given me children and provided for their schooling as I serve Him.

I am not looking for any positions since being Christ’s minister is more than adequate for me.

To imagine the monies required for transport alone is difficult.

Combine that with pocket money and it becomes mind boggling.

And we have not even started talking about fees.

Yet I am a simple minister of the Gospel operating different from common practice.

I am not employed by a structure. I do not ‘make tents’. I do not ask for offerings. I do not sell what I produce (technical interventions, books and Audio Bibles).

I simply do what God commands me and He sorts me out in His season.

I am not a common, or even logical minister since I operate contrary to what is commonly taught, when God commands.

What am I saying?

God has done great things for me.

And I am talking about twenty plus years in Nairobi.

From the person who was stranded in Nairobi with his family because what he was called to start was red carded because the bosses were not getting enough mileage by it to someone who has ministered in several African countries.

From the person who was wondering where the next meal for a nursing wife and small children will come from to the person who is called a blessing by many, especially in the writing and books ministry, though in many other aspects as well.

Going farther could very easily be interpreted as boasting so I will stop here.

In fact, lest you interpret this as boasting, I want you to know that though I leave for Mombasa in less than two days, I do not have any idea where the fare will come from. I only know that God will provide. And that is how it have been for the longest time.

But what I want to acknowledge is that God has been very good to me and the ones He has entrusted to me

This is therefore a thanksgiving message to each one of you.

Please join me in thanking God for all the things He has done and is doing to me as I seek to walk in obedience to His revelation. Thank God for the favour I and mine continue enjoying wherever we go. Thank God for the ministry doors He opens wherever He sends us. Thank God for the ministers He has raised over the years to support me in their season.

Pray also that I remain focused on His call in my life. Pray that I will remain focused on ministry and not overly concerned about provision since He has always provided.

And when God speaks, do what He commands you to do in this respect.

Otherwise, this is just a simple thanksgiving message.

God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment