Wednesday 4 June 2014

Too Familiar with God?

A prophetess friend of mine told me that God has revealed to her severe judgment on Kenya, reason being God’s people have become too familiar with Him. The aroma that used to come from Kenya through prayer and intercession has all but disappeared. She saw so many deaths all over the country, so much that people will be buried in mass graves for all the deaths occurring. God will even bring back those who have gone to other nations and neglected their responsibility of praying for this nation so that they also partake of that judgment. It will be a terrible time for all, especially for nursing mothers and children.

That is the way I was told it unless I have forgotten something.

Why am I posting it? Have I verified the source? Am I not sensationalizing these things?

I probably will have her post that prophecy in her own words later. She did not tell me for the purposes of my posting it anywhere. I just felt the burden of that message to let it rest as I feel the weight of the same since I heard it.

For those of you familiar with my blog you must have noticed my very urgent concern about the state of the church at this time. I have not used those terms but I am sure you have consistently heard me talk about our lack of awe before God, our being comfortable with sin and complacency, our self focused and recycled worship, our laziness in searching the word of God.

I have said again and again that the church urgently needs persecution to purify it. But I realize that even persecution may not achieve much because only a church that knows her Lord can benefit from persecution as she will then agree with the discipline persecution brings. The church of our day has been presented with a different gospel, a man centred gospel. It is a gospel that presents God who is so loving that He does not mind our sin. It presents a Christ who went to sleep after He died for our sins. Like a Swahili chorus says, ‘pale Kalvari yote yamekwisha’. Meaning at Calvary all is finished. Guilt is finished, holiness is finished and spiritual growth is finished. Of course I might be stretching that chorus but the lives of many believers of our day demonstrate that from day to day.

I ask many people this question and am really saddened. When was the last time sin was preached against in your church? Many have never heard the mention of sin from their pulpits since they got saved. And that is just an introduction to the Christian life. A friend told me that he felt very guilty after playing with a girl though they did not have sex. He was really troubled as new Christians normally are. He then went to the guy who led him to Christ to get counsel and can you believe what he was told? You ought to have finished the process as that was what the girl wanted. Young people cohabit with their pastors’ full knowledge without being told it is wrong. We are celebrating the single mothers without addressing the cause of their plight. Known thieves and corrupt characters are able to get any leadership position in churches by using their money to buy their way around.

Is there a way out of this judgment? She was told that it has been determined and that it is a matter of time. Prayer has no capacity to alter it. In fact she was told that praying for God to cancel that judgment will cause it to be multiplied.

But I remember Ahab, Manasseh, Josiah, people whose change of heart altered God’s judgment so that it moved to a later generation. I am sure that had that later generation connected to God it could have removed the judgment altogether. You see God does not delight in our pain. But we ought also to acknowledge that God’s holiness is such that He hates sin, and it is worse when we use the death of His Son as an excuse to sin. We therefore have no capacity of deferring judgment unless we will crucify our sins as the three characters I have mentioned did.

It is presumptuous to think that prayer alone can defer judgment. It is a complete change of heart that has that capacity. It is an about turn that can cause God to give us another chance.

Will we preach holiness? Will we tell our congregation what took Christ to the cross? Will we paint sin as badly as God sees it? Will we give our flock the right dosage of the scriptures instead of letting them enjoy a life without holiness? The Bible says that without holiness no one will see God. Do we really think anyone will attain that holiness with the kind of sermons we preach?

Judgment begins in the house of the Lord. That is what the Bible teaches. That judgment is also directed at those who call themselves God’s people as I was told. The result of that judgment is that the church in Kenya will be so powerful that it will connect to her destiny of taking the Gospel to the nations. Many ministers will disappear as God raises others for that season.

Am I scaring you? If I can scare you enough to pursue holiness instead of self interest I will be grateful to God. If I will scare you out of complacency I will also be grateful.

But I will reiterate that this is not my message. I was given it by a friend. I have just given it a context. Take what you will.

God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment