Thursday 23 August 2018

Homa Bay


I am from ministering in a village some distance from Homa Bay town.

I want to thank all of you who prayed for me after I sent you the request.

Let me give you one incident to make you see God at work.

I had taught the young people (it was a youth camp) and gone for a break.i had been sharing about sharing the Gospel.

A man in his late thirties stopped me. He commended my introduction, saying that it really touched him. Interestingly I could barely remember what I said as it was a one minute introduction.

He then started sharing his life with me, a very difficult life; a life that made no sense to him. he also had many questions on the same.

Of course I took him to the Bible and apart from responding to his questions shared the Gospel with him.

He started kneeling to be prayed even before I had shared the Gospel as he confessed that he really needed my prayers. Incidentally, he had intruded on a conversation we were having with an elder of the community. The elder helped me to help him make sense of his messed up life, having been someone who had wasted his life in the not so long past.

I explained him that he really did not need my prayers if he was not ready to hand over the control of his life to Jesus. Jesus is the only one with the power to take over someone’s life and completely transform it. I told him that he was the one to ask Jesus to take over his life.

He then knelt down and prayed. I could not understand his prayer as he was praying in Dholuo but the earnestness in his prayer was evident. I then prayed for him and he stood up.

He beamed.  The first thing he said is that he was drunk when he was kneeling but he then felt sober.

I then went on to explain to him the dynamics of his new life and asked him to get a Bible and reading plan from the pastor.

Let us pray for him. His past is a battle with addiction and uselessness though he is well trained and skilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment